Imprisonment

Locked away in chains forever it seems
Full of fury to whomever may pass
Abandonment of hope in all my dreams
The feelings come and go but never last
Break loose in thoughts that may or may not come
Aspire to desires of freedom
Now destroy the chains and come undone
Run young in the gardens of your kingdom
I scream savage words, even in my prayers
They go unwatched and unaccounted for
Watch as my grasp on life now starts to tear
My chains wistfully drop to the floor
Held back in chains forever it appears
Cannot the stone be melted by my tears?

posted under , , , |

2 comments:

Admin1 said...

Very nice! Ive read several posts of yours and they are great! Love the poetry.

Olivia said...

Thank you kendra, happy reading!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm just a young girl who loves to write!
I've been writing stories, songs and poems ever since I could string a sentence together!
When I'm not writing I enjoy listening to music, telling everyone how tired I am, laughing and scouring Wikipedia's Colour List for any new hues!
If you like my work, I will be very grateful if you would come back to read what's new :)
Thank you everyone!
That Wordy Writer
© The Wordy Writer. Powered by Blogger.

A place to lose yourself in sensational stories, sentimental sonnets and poems, daring decriptions and loquacious lyrics.

    Next Post!

    • The Unforgiving Room
    • Tuesday 26th October

Recent Comments