Thoughtful Reminiscing

Whenever life discovers time and a place
I think back to days when you were around
You’re smiling back at me in your embrace
Your heartbeat was the only lucid sound.
How did you make the sun surface each day?
Your laugh? Your words? Your carefulness to me?
Oh, it was how you made my life seem gay.
I know it was wrong to have set you free.
How could I ever know if it was true?
And did we really give our love a chance?
It breaks my heart because I still love you
You never give me a short second glance.
Whenever life discovers place and a time
I think back to the days when you were mine.

posted under , , , , |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sad! Hopefully you're heart will stop breaking when you think of him, and it will make you smile

Olivia said...

Those days are absolutely golden!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm just a young girl who loves to write!
I've been writing stories, songs and poems ever since I could string a sentence together!
When I'm not writing I enjoy listening to music, telling everyone how tired I am, laughing and scouring Wikipedia's Colour List for any new hues!
If you like my work, I will be very grateful if you would come back to read what's new :)
Thank you everyone!
That Wordy Writer
© The Wordy Writer. Powered by Blogger.

A place to lose yourself in sensational stories, sentimental sonnets and poems, daring decriptions and loquacious lyrics.

    Next Post!

    • The Unforgiving Room
    • Tuesday 26th October

Recent Comments